Saturday, July 26, 2008

Zucchini, I love it!





Funny thing about zucchini, in the summer when it's coming out my ears and I try and find 101 way to make it interesting I get tired of it but in a few short months I will miss it when its in the market at 98 cents a pound!

My sister in law tells me to chunk it up and freeze it for soups, I have also grated it and froze it in zip bags to use for breads and cakes. A friend of mine said she drys hers and adds it to everything.

I came up with a new recipe and its lovely. I call it:

Zucchini Fritters

Grate about 3 cups zucchini (I used a large one )
Garlic salt & Pepper to taste
2 eggs
1 cup self-rising flour
Grease for frying (I used bacon grease, not healthy but so yummy)

Get your skillet ready, I use my electric skillet (it already had grease in it from frying bacon)

In a mixing bowl place your squash and season to your liking. Crack in your eggs and mix well. I use my hand but I guess a spoon would work well also. Add your flour and mix making sure there are no lumps.

Drop spoonfuls of batter mixture in the hot grease. I make mine about 2 -3 inches in diameter. Cook them like you would pancakes.

Put onto paper toweling to absorb any extra grease.

I served them with ranch dressing at dinner time and the leftovers where great at breakfast just by themselves.

Try this recipe & let me know if ya liked em.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I was told by a wonderful 10 yr old dauhter that I forgot to give credit for someone taking the wonderful picture of all the zucchini, so here it is...

THANK YOU BECCA FOR TAKING A GREAT PICTURE!
Love your mama.