Monday, July 28, 2008

Random Rant...



I don’t get it…


What is the big appeal of Texting? Is it so wonderful that you are able to type a message on a little tinny key pad that you have to hit the 7 three times to get a letter R ?!?!

I find it hard to believe that a person would rather do this than dial a number state your business say goodbye and hang up. I ask this question to everyone I see texting and I get the same answer. A round about himming and hawing and not one person gives me a definitive answer.
“Its easier than talking…” or
“You don’t have to answer questions right away,”
“You can get messages without disturbing anyone.”
That last one is a bigger load of horse poo than the first two.
I state my case.
Yesterday in the mall got hit on the back of my heels with a stroller because the girl driving it was texting and walking at the same time… That text message she sent disturbed me.
The text message the guy in Wal -Mart was sending while he didn’t pay for his bill affected me.
The fact that I cant get anyone in my house to take out the trash, do the dishes, make there beds, FUNCTION at all affects me!!!!
Ok I feel better, have a nice day.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mary,
Join my club, as I dont understand it either. Doesnt make sense to me. I think it might be one of those teen-age things, that even though I was a teen once; I cant relate to.