Monday, August 4, 2008

Just Floating

Have you ever gotten to the point in your life where you are so tired of keeping your head about the financial waters that you finally reach out for help?

What I am talking about is the special programs that are set up to help the needy. I never use to use them. I thought we can do it without help. But times are getting harder than ever and first I found myself signing up for WIC. Next I signed us up for a reduced power bill program, now the newest is the free breakfast / lunch program at school. The girls will be able to have breakfast and lunch at school for free because we make less than the reduced price program.

I use to think I was to proud to sign up for these programs, and in all actually I probably was. But I have come to a place in my life where I accept the things I can not change. I accept the fact that by using these programs I can save money and in turn I will be able to pay more money to the debt .

I know we will not be on these programs forever. I hope and pray that the economy will pick up and we will be able to make the ends meet again. But until then I thank God I live in a country that has programs available for my family so that we can keep our heads above water, even if it is with help from a life jacket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand your feelings very well... We just signed up for foodstamps. It is no longer I am too proud, it is a must if my children want to eat anything other then rice. Which is getting OLD.