Friday, August 1, 2008

Plugging the holes in the budget!

From time to time I get way to comfortable with my budget and find myself going over, and having to pull money from the savings just to cover silly things like groceries. This should not happen. What is the purpose of setting a budget if you are not going to stick to it?!?

I ask myself this question all the time and all the only answer I ever get from myself is a bunch of lame excuses. Bottom line, it all comes down to telling myself NO. So I am gong to keep a money tracker log this month.

It’s a pretty simple concept really, just take out your little pocket notebook and write down everything you purchase. This was a HUGE eye opener when I did it the first time and it keep me on the straight and narrow for about a year.

Now that I find myself slipping back into my old habits its time to nip it in the bud so I don’t undo what I have accomplished.

So for the month of August I will keep a log of every purchase made. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: