Sunday, August 17, 2008

13 days

That is all that's left of august, less than 2 weeks. The question I am asking myself is, can I make it without getting into the savings account? I had to get into the Christmas Cash, to cover the doctors visit, meds, and massage. But that didn't come from the savings and that is a big plus!

This month I tried something new. I got all my grocery and non grocery money in cash. I put the checkbook and debit card in the office and left it there. The only money I could use was the cash I had on hand and it was scary. Before when I used the envelope system I would always keep a backup like my checkbook or debit card handy in case I went over with the cash I had on hand.

Not this month! I am down to 3 dollars and about the same in change and its scary! Am I going to have enough money to keep us in milk for the next 12 days? That is the only thing I have to purchase so I think we are good. None the less I don't like how this feels.

On the plus side I am accountable for all my purchased. I will remember how this day felt (12 days left and 6 dollars to my name) when I want to go out to lunch or bye a non essential item (like the tea kettle I bought)

No comments: