Thursday, January 22, 2009

Rain...






Oh how nice it was to first smell, then see the rain come again! We needed this so very much! It was getting so dry farmers where turning the water on there trees to give them a much needed drink!






After weeks of lovely late spring weather ( upper 70's to 80's) I think the pigs have another openion about the rain.
They are in there little shelter under the heat lamp and sunggled up in some nice clean straw.






This morning the chickens where looking a bit worse for ware, but once the rain stopped they fluffed right up and are looking better than ever.




Here is Mr. Rooster keeping an eye on his "Chicks"
OH barnyard humor!
The lambs will be coming next! We need to work on waterproofing our shelters... This morning in the rain I was tarping the pigs bedroom so they could stay nice and dry... The chickens took shelter under the Water truck!
How ironic....

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I popped by to say thank you for opting to be a follower of my blog, I really do appreciate that.

As for the rain, oh I would love to see that at the moment, as we only get snow.......only forecast for a cm or two today, so that's not too bad.

Gill in Canada

TofuRanch said...

I am glad to see you posting. I hope all is going ok for you. I love the pig picture and the chicken picture, but hey I have chickens hatching in the living room right now, LOL

Gretchen aka tofuranch